This is an entry level position with growth opportunities. This is a perfect position for anyone pursuing a career in marketing with hands on experience. The purpose of the Customer Experience Specialist is to act as part of a team of liaisons between Keystone Science School and customers. The Customer Experience Specialist is responsible for upholding the KSS brand in external communications with prospective and currently enrolled clients, which includes both English and Spanish speakers. This position uses phone, electronic chat features, and email to answer questions, comments, and concerns for participants and parents of our programs.
This position acts as a registrar and supports the collection of program payment and camper paperwork. Additionally, Specialists support parent communication throughout the summer camp season which includes assisting with parent newsletters, social media, and other mediums of parent communication. This position assists with parent check-in and could be called on to support program instructors as a substitute educator once or twice throughout the summer. Given the diverse population of our student body, all Customer Experience Specialists must be fluent Spanish speakers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with participants through phone, in-person, and written mediums, which includes answering programmatic and logistics questions;
- Partner with the Customer Experience Manager and Program Managers to increase registrations for programs, such as Camp Programs and Girls in STEM, through email, online chat applications, and phone;
- Communicate programmatic logistical information to Program Coordinators collected throughout the registration and intake process;
- Draft written information to communicate logistical details to program participants;
- Attend events and fairs to increase awareness and registration for KSS programs
Administration and Office Support
- Work with accounts receivable for fee-for-service programs, which includes reporting and collections of any current or late balances;
- Create and distribute group program agreements and deposit information;
- Collect participant paperwork and disseminate necessary information to various departments within KSS;
- Oversee the purchasing, inventory, and shipping of online orders for the KSS School Store;
- Provide basic office support with the team of Customer Experience Specialists, which includes responsibilities such as mail collection and distribution and office/programmatic supply ordering.
Social Media & Content Support
- Collect, organize, and post on KSS social media outlets sharing the KSS story;
- Edit photos and videos to be used within KSS social media outlets.
- Blog and content creation for website and email campaigns
- Other duties as assigned.
Promotion and Outreach
- Attend various marketing and outreach events such as First Fridays, Farmers Markets, and other events;
- Design outreach for programs as well as organizational efforts;
- Creating relationships with organizations to help assist within our community;
- Potential facilitation of programs;
- Other duties as assigned.