Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world’s best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery, and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
What You Will Do:
Coastal Camp at NatureBridge is a summer day camp designed to combine marine and coastal ecology themes with hands-on educational activities and games, providing exciting opportunities for discovery in the great outdoors. The Camp Manager is a non-exempt, full-time position that will work with the Camp Director design and coordinate all aspects of camp. In the summer, the Camp Manager help lead the Camp Admin Team in supervising camp staff and assisting with operational logistics.
This position takes place at our Golden Gate campus in the Marin Headlands and cannot be done remotely.
Your primary job will be to:
- Ensure smooth program implementation by refining, developing, communicating and supporting logistical and educational systems.
- Supervise up to 10 educators and counselors.
- Recruit and coordinate scholarships for campers with individual families and organizations.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and training of camp staff.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer phone calls and emails.
- Design thematic, age-appropriate camp programs for campers grade K-12.
- $53,000 annual salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Option for a 403b retirement plan with employer match after 6 months
- Generous paid vacation, training days, and sick leave.
- Other benefits include Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and more
Who You Are:
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Demonstrated experience managing risk in the outdoors.
- Demonstrated office experience including, managing and communicating information quickly and accurately.
- Experience or training in equity and inclusion work.
- Experience training, coaching or supervising teachers or camp staff.
- Written and verbal communication skills in customer service.
- Proficiency with Google Suite and database software.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years related summer camp or experiential education experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Wilderness First Responder and CPR certification or willingness to obtain certification before beginning employment.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in the workplace. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a member of (or have extensive experience working with people from) any communities that are impacted by the historic and current system of oppression that has limited access to environmental education, or the outdoors in general.
*All NatureBridge Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Final shot must occur 15 days or more before the start date. Here is the link to our full policy: NatureBridge COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You must also pass a background check in order to be eligible for employment.
Why should you join the NatureBridge team?
- We are a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on youth and the environment
- You will get to work in a beautiful natural setting with other dedicated educators who are passionate about the environment
- We are invested in supporting our staff through professional development & mentorship.
How To Apply:
NatureBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Submit your resume and 3 references to our Online Career Portal (link). Please answer the application questions in lieu of a cover letter. Application deadline is October 7, 2022.